Terms & Conditions of Contract for Exhibit Space
- The Exhibitor agrees to abide by all regulations and rules adopted by the Organizing Committee, and agrees that the Organizing Committee shall have the right to amend and add to or delete from any and all rules and regulations at any time, in the sole discretion of the Organizing Committee.
- All electrical wiring and outlets used by the Exhibitor in excess of the standard 1 - 1800 watt duplex electrical outlet shall be at the Exhibitor's sole risk and expense. All operating electrical equipment used in the exhibit must have C.S.A. or equivalent power authority approval.
- Space contracted by the Exhibitor may not be sublet or assigned to any third party without the prior written permission of the Organizing Committee or its appointed agents, which permission may be withheld for any reason whatsoever in the sole discretion of the Organizing Committee.
- The Exhibitor will be solely liable for and will indemnify and hold harmless the Organizing Committee for CCMG & CIHR-IG, Events & Management Plus Inc., Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa AND the show services company from any indirect, direct, special or consequential losses or damages whatsoever occurring to or suffered by any person or company, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Exhibitor, other exhibitors, the Organizing Committee, official show contractors, the owner of the building and their respective agents, servants and employees and members of the public attending the Show, either on the said space or elsewhere if said loss or damages arose from or were in any way connected with Exhibitor's occupancy of said space or exhibitor’s participation in the show.
- The Exhibitor is solely responsible for the placement and cost of insurance related to its participation in the Show.
- It is understood that the Organizing Committee or its appointed agents has sole discretion in the assignment of display spaces. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to alter or change the Exhibitor's assigned location at any time if deemed by the Organizing Committee in its sole discretion to be in the best interests of the Show.
- The Organizing Committee or its appointed agents reserves the right at any time to reject, prohibit, alter or remove exhibits or any part thereof, including printed materials, product, signs, lights or sound, and to expel exhibitors or their personnel if, in the Organizing Committee's sole opinion, their conduct or presentation is objectionable to other show participants.
- The Exhibitor agrees to confine its presentation within the contracted space only, and within the maximum height set by the Show rules and regulations and to maintain staff in the assigned display space during show hours.
- All goods shipped to the Show must be clearly marked with the name of the Exhibitor and the number of its allocated space. Goods must not be shipped to the Show with shipping charges to be paid on arrival as these will not be accepted by the Organizing Committee. The Organizing Committee assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to goods belonging to the Exhibitor before, during the period of the Show, or after its closing.
- The Exhibitor agrees that no display may be dismantled nor may any goods be removed during the entire duration of the Show. The Exhibitor also agrees to remove its exhibit, equipment and appurtenances from the Show premises by the final move-out time limit, or in the event of failure to do so, the Exhibitor agrees to pay such additional costs as are incurred by the Organizing Committee as a result of the Exhibitor’s failure to move out prior to the time limit.
- The Exhibitor agrees to abide by the instructions given by the Dock Supervisor pertaining to the move-in and move-out scheduling.
- The Exhibitor agrees to comply with all union contracts and labour relations agreements in force, agreements between the Organizing Committee, official contractors serving companies and the building in which the Show will take place in accordance with the labour laws of the jurisdiction in which the building is located. The Exhibitor will not do anything directly or indirectly connected with his display which may be a violation of any law, bylaw, ordinance or regulation of any governmental body, or which may be in violation of the regulations of the Canadian Fire Underwriters Association or any other similar body.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the date or dates upon which the Show is to be held and shall not be liable to any party in damages or otherwise by reason of any such change. In addition, the Organizing Committee shall not be liable to any party in damages or otherwise for failure to carry out the terms of this Agreement in whole or in part where such failure is caused directly or indirectly by or in consequence of fire, storm, flood, war, rebellion, insurrection, riot, civil commotion, strike, or by any cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Organizing Committee whether similar to or dissimilar from the causes enumerated herein.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to cancel this contract and to withhold possession of exhibit space if the Exhibitor fails to perform any material condition of this contract or refuses to abide by the Show rules and regulations, in which case the Exhibitor shall forfeit as damages any amount already paid for the right to participate in the Show, as well as the right to any further occupancy of such space.
- Full payment must accompany the signed contract.
- This contract may be cancelled by either party provided written notice is received by the other by February 1, 2018. In case of Exhibitor cancellation, an administrative fee of $250.00 will be withheld. If the Exhibitor cancels after this date, it will be liable for 100% of the total contracted space costs. By cancelling this contract the Exhibitor forfeits all rights or claims to the allocated space and the Organizing Committee is free to rent it to others and collect the cancellation charge as damage. Exhibit Booth Cancellation to follow this formula:
Cancellation between date of signing and February 1, 2018: 80% refund
Between February 1, 2018 and March 1, 2018: 50% refund
Between March 1, 2018 and April 1, 2018: 25% refund
After April 1, 2018 (less than 60 days prior to conference): there will be no refunds after this date