Individuals who wish to have their credentials examined must submit the following documents.
Application for Assessment of Credentials by CCMG Route
This route applies to individuals trained or training in CCMG or ABMGG programs.
- Application for Assessment
- Curriculum vitae
- Logbook(s) indicating Clinical, Educational, Laboratory (Technical/Consultative), and Research activities. To protect patient confidentiality, ensure that case entries do not include patient identifiers such as patient name, medical record number, or laboratory accession numbers.
- Documentation of completed and planned training. In the Outline of Training, list all completed and planned rotations in the program in chronological order. Each rotation must be listed with start and end dates in a month/day/year format. Include name of rotation, rotation supervisor, brief outline of experience, rotation status. Note that an ITER is required for each completed rotation.
- Letter of Attestation. An electronic signed letter from the primary supervisor and/or training program director attesting that he/she has reviewed all logbook entries and verifies that the trainee has had major involvement in the cases listed. Example attestation statement: I have reviewed the logbooks and verify that the trainee (_____________) had major involvement in the cases listed. I also attest to the accuracy and completeness of the logbook.
- In-training evaluation (ITER) forms. An ITER is required for each completed rotation. Submit ITERs as one PDF, in chronological order corresponding to the order of rotations in the training outline. For long rotations, an evaluation must be done at least twice yearly, for full-time and part-time trainees. All ITERs must be signed by the trainee, the supervisor and the program director. Use the CCMG standard in-training evaluation forms.
- Final In-Training Evaluation (FITER). Note that if the training program is in progress at the time of credentials application, instructions for the submission of the FITER will be included with the provisional credentialing letter. Use the CCMG standard final in-training evaluation forms.
- Two signed letters of reference. Letters should be from individuals familiar with medical genetics, preferably members of the CCMG. Send to the CCMG office electronically under separate cover. One of the letters must be from the primary supervisor. At a minimum, the letter should include how long the referee has known the individual and in what capacity, as well as a brief assessment of the individual’s training performance and suitability to act as a consultant in the training specialty.
Applications for RCPSC Medical Genetics and Genomics fellows seeking CCMG Clinical Genetics fellowship
Applications for RCPSC Medical Genetics and Genomics fellows seeking CCMG Clinical Genetics fellowship are available in the RCPSC Medical Genetics and Genomics Route Applications section.